This uses a fairly simple recipe:
- Diffuse Color: [ 153, 94, 51 ] at 100% strength. When you use gold paint on a stage prop, a brown undercoat helps it "pop" better, so I figured it might be a good base color here. 8^D*
- Glossiness: 75% -- a medium-sized specular highlight.
- Specular Color: [ 238, 221, 102 ] at 95% strength. A slightly greenish, desaturated yellow.
- Ambient Color is zeroed out -- don't need any glow-in-the-dark effect here.
- Bump is 100% of a -0.015 to 0.015 range -- fairly gentle. I use a sandy/gritty texture, such as TarmacTiled.jpg by Fran Baker, from her gallery at ShareCG.
- No Displacement or Normal Map.
- Reflection Color: 255, 238, 136 at 91.7% strength. A desaturated orange-yellow.
Everything else is left at default values.
Lighting for this scene consists of only two lights: one spotlight at 75% intensity, creamy off-white in color, with raytraced shadows, and an UberEnvironment light, for simulated ambient illumination with non-directional occlusion shadows. A suitable topic for a future post....