Monday, December 27, 2010

Is it Live, or ... ?

After seeing an image from a Morgan brochure, I couldn't help but wonder whether perhaps the company hadn't yet built a copy of the vehicle-- and therefore, hadn't actually photographed it.

So I tried a small feasibility study:


Although my "lacquered aluminium" surface settings aren't quite up to their contractor's skill level, I think that's more a matter of my relative inexperience, rather than any intrinsic limitation in the consumer-grade gear I'm using. Still, the demonstration was sufficient to satisfy me that the original image was, beyond a reasonable doubt, synthetic.

[2011/01/15: Edited to expand technical mumbo-jumbo content.]

For any DAZ Studio aficionados who wander by, this character is a nearly stock Victoria 4.2, with just two Stephanie 4 head morphs, plus a smidgen of The Girl 4-- the latter used mostly for adjusting her head-to-body ratio:
- Grace (Head) 66.7%
- Lily (Head) 33.3%
- The Girl 4 (Head) 12.5%

Her top is Jan19's Coed Chic - the Layered Look. The stretch pants are from JoEtzold's S.H.A.D.O. Uniforms packs (specifically, the HQ-Pant item.) And her slippers can be found in Richabri's V4 Lacewear set.

That hair billowing in the slipstream is from the Project Sailor Moon page at The Realm of Savage. Remarkably versatile, despite having been designed for a specific character.

2 comments:

Ian B said...

I find this image particularly engaging, Gnabbist. She just makes me want to leap aboard for a ride- though I fear she is simply waving as she zooms off independently...

-Jaxtraw, under an assumed name due to Google.

Gnabbist said...

Thanks! This character has been surprisingly successful at evoking responses, given that she was cast as (essentially) a scene-filler, near the end of the process. "Charm" is such a mysterious & unpredictable factor...